Your First Appointment
Your first specialist appointment is the cornerstone in the management of your condition. Your surgeon will take a thorough history of your condition as well as your medical history, examine the relevant joints, and consider any investigations or imaging. This process is vital in obtaining the correct diagnosis, and planning the appropriate treatment. We ask that you prepare by considering the list below, and arriving at least 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to complete any paperwork and administration.
We recognise that your time is valuable, and we make every effort to run on time. Occasionally emergencies or patients require a little more time, and these cause scheduling delays beyond our control. We apologise if we keep you waiting.
If you need to cancel an Appointment please telephone the office during business hours and allow at least 1 day’s notice so that we can offer your appointment time to patients on our waiting list.
What to bring
- A current referral from your doctor is required. Without this you are not able to claim reimbursement with medicare
- Any x-rays, MRI scans or pathology results relating to your referral.
- Appropriate attire for your physical examination
- Copies of operation records & medical notes if you have had previous treatment elsewhere
- A list of your current medications.
- Health Summary or details of your medical history.
- Your Medicare card and Pension/Veterans Affairs card (if applicable).
- Your Health Fund details (if applicable).
- Payment is required at the time of consultation.
- Any questions relating to your condition or possible treatment.
For WorkCover Patients – In addition, it is essential to bring the name, address and telephone number of your insurer along with your current claim number and the date of the injury.